Sunday, December 31, 2006

Talking Points Memo

The Culture War continues.

By the way, I can't wait until they start calling it "The War On Culture," which will be both apt and hilarious.

Please read the article, it's why it is still and always will be acceptable to discriminate against southern white men.

My favorite lines:

"Earlier this month, Baker conceded that the Muslims probably aren't after his land, but he said he had to go through with the pig races because 'I would be like a total idiot if I didn't. I'd be the laughingstock now because I've gone too far.'"

Oh, and:

"Resident Susan Canavespe said the pig racing wasn't mean-spirited -- 'It's just Texas-spirited.'"

Yes, I'd say this perfectly encapsulates Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home